Thursday, April 24, 2014

Belgian Waffles

Easter was the perfect time to get together with family and have a delicious meal.  Due to schedules, we had to make it easy and quick.  I came up with a waffle bar making our family Belgian waffle recipe, and it was delicious!

 {Belgian Waffles}

 {Pour batter onto hot iron.  Side note--this waffle iron is practically as old as I am!}

 {Side view of the delicious Belgian waffles!}

 {Since we had a waffle bar, I had two going to keep up with the crowd!}

 {Lovely assistant topping her waffle--thanks mom!  We had butter, syrup, almonds, coconut, chocolate, strawberries, whipped cream, apricot-applesauce, white chocolate, fruit salad, and so much more!}

 {Mom's waffle--I was too hungry to take a picture of mine, but I will admit, I wasn't as good as she was (*cough* floating in syrup, butter, chocolate, powdered sugar and whipped cream *cough*)}

One year ago:  Chicken Vindaloo

Belgian Waffles

Makes 8 waffles (depending on the size of your iron)

Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Assembly time: 10 minutes

2 cups flour
3 tablespoons sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, room temperature
1 3/4 cup milk, room temperature
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup vegetable oil
Toppings, if desired
  1. Preheat waffle iron.
  2. Mix ingredients in a bowl.
  3. Cook according to manufacturer's directions (which should list how much batter to pour, time, etc).
These waffles are delicious and addicting!  We don't make them very often for that reason.  It was nice to indulge though.  Does your family have a delicious breakfast recipe that they make during holidays?  I'd love to hear!

Side note--I won tickets to the Kentucky Proud WineFest next week!  I am so excited!  I hardly win any drawings or contests so that was a shock to say the least!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly