Tuesday, March 18, 2014

About the Town: Bourbon n' Toulouse

**I know that I said that I don't go out to eat often, but I have eaten at so many fantastic local places (and been back more than once!) that I felt I needed to share with my fellow Lexingtonians!  So any time I go out to eat, and the food/service is great, I'll review it on here.  I go back more than once, you know, for research purposes.  I am not paid for this, and all opinions are my own!**

You know those local hole-in-the-wall joints?  That's where you will find me!  I love eating local, and I haven't done an About the Town in a while (in fact not at all in 2014!).  So here we go!

My mom took me here after a friend of hers who hails from Mississippi (and makes a mean gumbo!) goes to Bourbon n' Toulouse when he is homesick because it's good Cajun/Creole food.  Wouldn't you know it?....  The food is delicious!  In fact, they have a Cajun Garlic Bread that I replicated because it was so delicious!

Bourbon n' Toulouse

Bourbon n' Toulouse
 {Front door and sign}

So to the food!  I've had several different dishes, but my favorite it the Black Bean with Cajun Sausage.  I always get a 1/2 and 1/2 order with my favorite and another to try.  I've never been disappointed!  Not only that, but you get the food in no time.  I think the longest I had to wait was 5 minutes because they were making more garlic bread.

Menu board
{Menu board}

Bourbon n' Toulouse offer several gluten free and vegetarian options too.

Black Beans and Cajun Sausage
 {Black beans and Cajun sausage}

Red beans and rice
 {Red beans and rice}

Just so you know, those are half orders pictured above.  It's a large amount of food for a great price!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly