Monday, April 6, 2015

how-to | make grilled cheese sandwiches

April 7th is National Grilled Cheese Day so I thought I would make a week of it and explore the wonderful world of grilled cheese because (let me be honest) who doesn't love to eat a grilled cheese sandwich?!

The most important part of a grilled cheese sandwich is how you make it.  There are three ways to make a grilled cheese, and I have broken down each into some simple steps!

 {the pan method before and after}

the pan method
  1. Heat a non-stick pan to medium-high.
  2. Thinly spread mayo on the OUTSIDE of the sandwich.
  3. Place sandwich in pan and press down with a spatula.  You don't need to keep constant pressure (unless you want to), but I alternated about 15 seconds between each sandwich.
  4. Check after 1 minute; if sandwich is browned to your liking, then flip and repeat the pressing.
  5. Serve!
 


 {the panini press/electric grill method before and after}

the panini press/electric grill method
  1. Plug in grill and heat to medium-high.
  2. Thinly spread mayo on the OUTSIDE of the sandwich.
  3. Place sandwich on grill and close.
  4. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until desired doneness is reach.
  5. Serve!


 {the toaster oven method before and after}

the toaster oven method
  1. Heat toaster oven to broil.
  2. Place each slice of the sandwich in toaster oven (open as in the the above before picture).
  3. Toast until cheese melts/browns.
  4. Allow sandwich to cool for about 5 minutes then press together.
  5. Serve!

I loved the toaster oven method for years, but I must confess that I really love the pan or panini method much better!

How do you prefer your grilled cheese sandwich?  Is there a method that you use that I didn't mention?  I'd love to hear it!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly