Tuesday, June 23, 2015

mint iced tea

I first had mint tea at my favorite Mediterranean restaurant a few years ago, and I am obsessed with mint tea now.  I would have to say it's my favorite!  I love the mint because it is so refreshing and cooling, and on a hot summer day, that is just what you want.

mint iced tea
{mint iced tea}

mint iced tea

makes 2 quarts

3 family-sized tea bags
7 cups water
10-20 mint leaves, local
1/2 to 1 cup sugar or local honey
additional mint leaves for serving
  1. Make tea by bringing 3 cups of water to a boil and adding tea bags.
  2. Steep for 3 minutes.
  3. Add mint and steep for 2-3 minutes; remove mint leaves
  4. Add remaining 4 cups of water.
  5. Serve immediately over ice or for best results let set overnight.
I definitely make more flavored teas than this because I get bored easily.  I even had a thought as I was making my last pitcher of tea as to how good using brown sugar instead of regular sugar would be.  I'll experiment and get back with you!
 
Do you have any favorite additions that I should try?  
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly