Thursday, December 11, 2014

gourmet gifts | recipe in a jar

I have been meaning to try these recipes in a jar gift ideas for a few years now so this year I did it!  I even converted one of my original recipes into a jar recipe!

First up are cookies.  These cookies were fabulous and so easy; plus the jar looks beautiful!

 {Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies in a jar}

Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
from cul de sac cool

Makes 18 cookies

1 quart Mason jar
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans (nut-free option: 1/2 cup rolled oats)
  1. Mix the flour, baking soda and salt together.
  2. Layer all the ingredients in a 1 quart mason jar in the order listed.
  3. Print this FREE DIY Printable PDF file on card stock and cut out.
  4. Attach recipe tags to jar.
  5. Give out to family and friends! 
You can substitute out the dried fruit and chocolate for other flavors like raisin/semi-sweet chocolate, cranberries/semi-sweet chocolate, strawberries/semi-sweet chocolate, banana/semi-sweet chocolate, etc.  They are only limited by your imagination!
Next, I made my favorite bean/legume soups into a recipe in a jar!  This is so easy, and it was delicious!  This is even vegetarian friendly!

 {Lentil Soup in a jar}


Lentil Soup

Makes 8 servings

1 quart Mason jar
2 cups lentils
1 cup dried soup mix (carrots, onions, parsley, celery, etc)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 bay leaf
  1. Layer all the ingredients in a 1 quart mason jar in the order listed.
  2. Print this FREE DIY Printable PDF file on card stock and cut out.
  3. Attach recipe tags to jar.
  4. Give out to family and friends! 
I've already given them out to a couple of co-workers, and they said the jars were too pretty to empty!  Plus, they even got to try them out before I gave them the jars (I'm sneaky like that).  That is my one BIG piece of advice: try out the recipe BEFORE you give it out.  Most importantly, make it exactly how your gift-receivers would make it.  I made the cookies and soup exactly how they would if I had received them in a jar.  Luckily, they both turned out great on the first try for me, but that might not be true of other recipes.

So there you have it!   An entire week of homemade, easy, gourmet gifts!  I hope that you and your gift-receivers enjoy these delicious recipes!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly