Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Farmer's Market


This is the first year that I have gone to my local Farmer's Market.  WOW!!!  What a treasure!  How could I have been missing this?!

My mother and I head there every Saturday morning to buy local fruits, vegetables, eggs, dairy, and meat.  I have always loved farm fresh eggs, and I can't wait to have some chickens!  (Yes, Ben and I want a small farm some day!)  This week, I bought fresh milk to make cheese for homemade pizza (coming to the blog later!) with my best friend who is coming up for the weekend visit. 

We also found this lovely looking rhubarb!


I know what some of you are thinking--RHUBARB?! YUCK!!!  I thought so too, but my mother loves it.  So being the baker of the family, she bought it and begged me to make it into something yummy for afternoon coffee (yes--she does this often!).  **HINT:  I see a rhubarb-related post coming soon!**

Along with local produce, growers and farmers of all sorts come to sell their wares.  Beekeepers sell honey and bee pollen (a supplement--did not know that!).  Musicians play; knitters sell already made scarves, hats, and other clothes.  A flower farm sells made bouquets and choose-your-own flowers.  The roses were lovely and large in pinks, creams, and a soft lilac I had never seen before.  (I can see these as the flowers for my wedding! ;o) )


Do you go to your local farmer's market?  If you don't, I encourage you to do it at least once this summer!  Who knows?  You might get as addicted as me!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly