Thursday, September 13, 2012

Cheesecake

So it was my boss's birthday not too long ago.  I am going to gush a moment (a rarity for me) so feel free to continue on to the next paragraph!  My boss is one of the best I've had, and I'm pretty sure one of the best in the world.  He supports his staff and stands up for them.  He takes the time to teach us and train us in all aspects of work (special shout-out to his tutorial in business emails!), and he listens to our life stories--good, bad, and ugly.  We can joke and laugh with him too.  He does more than I can say not only for his staff but for our entire workforce.  Many people don't realize it, but I do!  I appreciate him, and I try to show that to him. 

{Homemade original CHEESECAKE!} 

So his birthday was a bit ago.  I love to make someone's favorite treat for their birthday (it's my thing!).  So although he LOVES my black bean brownie recipe, I decided to make his other favorite: cheesecake.  It's been a minute since I made cheesecake, but I have a wonderful recipe.  It's not too sweet or rich; it's really perfect.  It's also very easy and bakes up in less than an hour!  This is a German-style cheesecake with a butter cookie crust which is my favorite!  We can still be friends if you prefer a graham cracker crust (I suppose.......).  If you would like a graham cracker crust go for it! 

{Butter cookie crust!}

{Baked crust}

{Filling beaten to a smooth consistency and ready to bake!}

Cheesecake

Serves 8-16 depending on who does the cutting

Ingredients

1/2 cup butter, room temperature
4 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour

16 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup sugar
3 eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
3 cups sour cream, room temperature

  1. Preheat oven to 400.
  2. Make the crust:  Combine butter and sugar until ight and fluffy; add vanilla and blend.  Add flour until just combined.  Press into the bottom of a springform pan and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the crust becomes golden brown. 
  3. Turn the oven down to 375.
  4. Make the filling:  Combine the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy; add eggs and beat for 3 minutes on medium speed.  Add salt, vanilla, and almond extract and mix until combined.  Stir sour cream in gently until incorporated.
  5. Pour filling on top of crust.
  6. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until just set when shaken.
  7. Cool overnight in the firdge.
My cake was ALMOST done so I gave it another 5-6 minutes, and that's why my top is a bit 'done'.  The cake was still delicious though!  Items will continue to cook/bake even if you take them off the heat source.  In hindsight, I should have taken it out.  I was told that the cake was completely eaten the day I gave it to him which means that it was definitely FABULOUS!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly