Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pumpkin Bars

The only two recipes that I have ever made with pumpkin was pumpkin bread and pumpkin pie.  Sad--I know so I had to fix that!  I made pumpkin bars (yes--I know--not much variation), and they were such a big hit!  They were moist and spiced just right.  To me, they tasted like pumpkin pie but without the crust!  Simply delicious.

{Yummy and moist!  My brother loves to stuff a whole square in his mouth--he has also claimed all of them as his, and I practically had to sneak one to eat it (I made two batches and hadn't even tried them!)}

Another very easy recipe--mix the dry ingredients together then the wet and then combine the two, bake, and serve!  LOVE easy!  In fact, they went sooo quickly, I forgot to get a picture of the first batch!  They are so easy that I whipped them up a few days after the first batch--surprise they went just as fast!

{Mix the dry and wet ingredients separately}

{Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients}

{Pour in a baking dish, bake, and serve!}

{Side note--This is how my kitchen looks when I am doing 3 (yes THREE) recipes at once!  Utter chaos!!!  I'm making 2 loaves of sourdough bread, roasted apple spice cupcakes, and pumpkin bars--usually I would make dinner too, but I was exhausted after making everything else!}

Pumpkin Bars

Makes 24 bars

Ingredients

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 eggs, beaten and at room temperature
15 oz pumpkin puree
1 cup vegetable oil
  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
  3. Add wet ingredients into dry and stir until just combined.
  4. Spread into a greased 9x13 ovenproof dish.
  5. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
  6. Cool and cut.
What are your favorite pumpkin recipes?  Anyone try pumpkin soup?  I might have to try one myself!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly