Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Tuesday Tip: Cajun Seasoning

Since I'm just loving the idea of making your own spice mixes, I decided to make my own Cajun Seasoning mainly because my local health food store stopped carrying it in bulk, and anything from the store has who-knows-what in it.  It took me a few tries, but here it is!

cajun seasoning
{Cajun Seasoning}

spices for cajun seasoning
 {Mix the spices in a bowl or jar}


This is a bit spicy for me, but the hubby loves it!  He is OBSESSED with Cajun Garlic Bread, and this spice mix is the star of that recipe.

Cajun Seasoning

Makes 2 oz

2 teaspoons Kosher salt
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons paprika (1 teaspoon if you don't like it too spicy)
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (1/2 teaspoon if you don't like it too spicy)
1 1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
1 1/4 teaspoons dried thyme
  1. Mix all ingredients together.
  2. Store in an airtight container.
Do you make your own spice mixes?  I'd love to hear about them!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly