Monday, October 13, 2014

The KY Proud Incredible Food Show

The food show this year was great!  In case you haven't been to a food show, it's very similar to Saturday mornings at the grocery store; people are making food with the products that they are wanting to sell.  In the instance of the Incredible Food Show, it's KY Proud products specifically, and only one day a year.

The KY Proud Incredible Food Show
 {The KY Proud Incredible Food Show}

I love this food show because when I go to Liquor Barn or Good Foods Co-Op, I see all these KY Proud products for sale, and I always wonder if they are any good.  The Incredible Food Show vendors mainly sold at those two places so it's a good time to pay $20 and sample everything you've been wondering about.

There are SO SO MANY beer cheeses, salsas, barbeque sauces, jams, jellies, and marinades that if you proclaim to not like any of them, this would be the place to find the one you love!  Plus, they have several different types of meats to try--goat, alpaca, etc--that I was in heaven because I love to try new foods.

Sweet Potato Casserole Ice Cream
{Sweet Potato Casserole Ice Cream--OBSESSED}

What did I take away from the food show this year?
  • I tried goat roast, bacon, and jerky.  All extremely delicious!  I even bought jerky for The Hubby to try, and he loved it too!  I might be adventurous and make it one day!
  • I tried Sweet Potato Casserole Ice Cream from The Comfy Cow (out of Louisville); WOW!!!  It was delicious!  In fact, I'm planning on recreating it this weekend!  If you are in Louisville, I would check them out because they had an ice cream with bacon in it!  I know when I go I will stop by!
  • Roasted Garlic Jelly from Rattlesnake Farm is still my absolute favorite; I tried the one with Bourbon in it, and I can see myself pouring a jar over a pork roast in the crock-pot--just fantastic!
  • I didn't get to try any alpaca, but I plan on visiting the farm for a tour and buying some sausages when we go.
  • If you love frilly flavored coffees, Coffee Times Coffee House on Regency has two delicious flavors--Bourbon Ball and Pumpkin Pie.  Both were delicious!
  • Just in case anyone is wondering, my KY Bourbon Barrel Ale Beer Cheese is my absolute favorite.  Not because I make it, but because I use real cheese (sorry cold-pack fake cheddar cheese spread).
Now, I didn't take many pictures despite actually having my camera (I was too busy looking and tasting!). 

Did you go to the food show?  What was your favorite part?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly