Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Chicken Salad

This chicken salad recipe came about by accident--seriously it did!  My grandmother made a recipe called Chicken Logs which was a chicken filling wrapped in crescent dough and baked.  Well--the filling was so good that it became our chicken salad!

{I like to sandwich mine between two buttery crackers!}

I'm not a huge fan of mayonnaise-based chicken salad recipes--never have been.  Also, I had never had chicken salad with fruit in it until I started working in the restaurant business.  That's why I LOVE my chicken salad recipe--it's made with cream cheese instead!  The cream cheese makes it creamy and just totally different than what most people know as chicken salad.

{Mixing the chicken, onions, and garlic together}

{Adding cream cheese}

Don't get me wrong--I have had chicken salad with mayo AND fruit and liked it (I am partial to cranberries in chicken salad).  However, whenever I think of chicken salad, I think of my cream cheese chicken salad.

{Finished chicken salad!}

Chicken Salad

Makes 4 servings

Ingredients

3 cans cooked chicken, drained
1/2 onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
8 oz cream cheese, softened
  1. Mix all ingredients together.
  2. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
  3. Refrigerate overnight.
  4. Serve with crackers or bread.
Intrigued?  Try it!  It's definitely different.  If you would like to try the Chicken Log recipe also, just put the chicken salad inside 2 triangles of crescent pinched together to make a square.  Roll to seal shut, and bake until the crescent dough is done about 12 minutes at 350.Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly