Friday, December 28, 2012

Lemon-Raspberry Cupcakes

I had an overwhelming urge to make cupcakes the other week.  I also used them to bribe my mother to take some pictures of me for the blog (husband HATES pictures--the only reason he took wedding pictures is because I promised him he wouldn't have to dance at our wedding because he hates dancing more than pictures :o)  ).  Now the question was--what to make?

{Lemon-Raspberry Cupcakes was the answer!}

Haven't I mentioned that I have an obsession with lemon and berry flavors?  Maybe here or there, but I suppose I could mention it again!  So to make lemon-raspberry cupcakes was a bit of a no-brainer!  Plus they are easy! 

Side note:  As you all know, I am an avid advocate (say that five times fast!) of making everything from scratch.  HOWEVER, cupcakes and muffins are a bit tricky to make correctly from scratch even for me, so I will use store bought mixes unless I find something easy and fool-proof.  (cross your fingers!)

{For recipes that call for zest of citrus, please buy organic!  Pesticides are not cool, and no amount of washing can get that out!}

{Adding sour cream}

{Ready to go!}

{Fill about 2/3 of the cup and then make a well in the center for the jam}

{We used raspberry jam, but I am positive that it would be equally delicious with blueberry, strawberry, or blackberry jams!}

Lemon-Raspberry Cupcakes

Makes 18 cupcakes

Ingredients

1 package (15.25 oz) Yellow Cake Mix
5 tablespoons butter, melted
1 large organic lemon, zested and juiced
8 oz sour cream
1 egg, room temperature
12 oz raspberry jam (blackberry, blueberry, or strawberry)
Powder Sugar for dusting
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
  2. Pour cake mix into a bowl. Add juice, sour cream, egg and melted butter and mix until smooth. The batter will be thick, but if too thick add another tablespoon of lemon juice.
  3. Using a scoop, fill each well of the cupcake pan to about 2/3. Use a spoon to put a well in the center of the batter.
  4. Take a small scoop of raspberry pastry filling and put in the center.
  5. Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
  6. Cool slightly then sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of a cupcake with powdered sugar on it, but they were delicious looking and tasting!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly