Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Taco Seasoning

I've never been a big fan of pre-packaged food especially spice mixes.  I heard somewhere that they contain silica (yes-that's the same ingredient in those drying packs you find in bags and shoes when you purchase them from the store) which prevents moisture from degrading the spices.  It's not hard fact, but I don't chance it.  I came up with my own taco seasoning mix from spices I had on hand.

 {The different spices that go into taco seasoning}

 
{Mixed together and ready to use!}

Taco Seasoning

Makes 2 tablespoons (or enough for 1 meal)

1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
  1. Mix all ingredients together.
  2. Use in Mexican-inspired dishes like fajitas and tacos.
Do you have a signature spice mix that you make?  I've also been dabbling into a Cajun spice mix which is almost perfect and will be shared in due time!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly