Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Springtime Fish

During the spring, the hubby and I eat our weight in asparagus--literally!  I've also been trying to incorporate more fish in our lives, and this just came together over the weekend.  I was obsessed and made it twice!  I love that it was a one-pot meal so less clean up, and since it was baked, no standing in the kitchen! 

Springtime Fish
 {Springtime Fish}

Prepping fish for the oven
 {Prepping fish for the oven}

Fish when it is done
 {Fish when it is done}

Spring Fish top view
 {Spring Fish top view served with chili spiked rice}

 {Asparagus was bought from local farm, Blue Moon.  Pictured here is owner, Leo Keene.  My family has bought produce from him for years, especially his garlic  (which will be ready in about 4 weeks)!  So delicious!  They are at the Lexington Farmer's Market located on Saturdays in Cheapside Park next to the Courthouse.}

One year ago:  Chicken Cordon Bleu

Springtime Fish

Makes 4 servings

4 fish filets, white fish like cod or swai, cut in half
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon ginger, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 green onions, chopped
1 pound asparagus, hard ends trimmed
2 tablespoons basil, chopped
  1. Preheat oven to 425.
  2. In a casserole dish, spray dish with non-stick spray.
  3. Place fish in the casserole dish.
  4. Mix soy sauce, oil, pepper, garlic, and ginger together until well-combined.
  5. Pour soy sauce mixture over fish.
  6. Top fish with green onions and asparagus.
  7. Cover dish with foil.
  8. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until fish is flaky.
  9. Top fish with basil.
  10. Serve.
Swai is a fish that I have never heard of until my mother had some and made me try it.  I love it!  It's a lean white fish that will win over any non-seafood person (like my hubby); plus it's cheap!  And you buy local asparagus, green onions, and garlic?  Definitely awesome!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly