Monday, June 9, 2014

Vegetable Salad

I'm really getting into salads this year.  I try to make one or two on Sunday so I can take them during the week for lunch.  This helps me a ton because I don't have to worry too much about what I will be having for lunch because we typically have meat leftovers.  This salad is so versatile!  I've had several different combinations of vegetables, but I only took a picture of the most recent one which looked gorgeous!

Vegetable Salad
 {Vegetable Salad}

Mixing salad together
 {Mixing salad together}

Vegetable Salad
 {Vegetable Salad side view}

One year ago:  Grilled Asparagus

Vegetable Salad

Makes 4 servings

2 cups sliced vegetables like peppers, carrots, or broccoli (I used carrots and red peppers)
1 small red onion, sliced
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar (any other will work too!)
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon ginger, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
  1. Place vegetables and cilantro in a container.
  2. Mix remaining ingredients in a microwave-safe container.  
  3. Heat in microwave until honey is melted, about 30 seconds.
  4. Pour dressing over vegetables.
  5. Stir to combine.
  6. Allow to sit overnight before serving, stirring every few hours.
Do you have any easy and versatile salads?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly