Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Blackened Chicken

As soon as the weather warmed, my husband asked "So when am I grilling?"  In fact, last night he complained because he doesn't get to grill often (twice a week or so for the last month...).  What can I say?  The man loves to grill!  The hard part?....  Finding recipes to grill.  Growing up, we grilled the same few recipes all the time (hamburgers, steaks, brats, etc).  As always, I've wanted to branch out and explore some grilling recipes. 

{Blackened Chicken--please excuse the torn apart chicken...  I was hungry and couldn't wait!}

Enter Blackened Chicken.  I've never really had it before, but I've always seen blackened chicken on menus.  I figured why not.  The recipe very easy, and the hubby grilled it to perfection!

{Chicken breasts waiting for their marinade}

{Mixing the spices up}

{Coat one side of the chicken and let it sit overnight}

Sorry for the lack of grilling pictures...  For one thing, my husband HATES to take pictures even though I told him I would only taking pictures of the food (I am working on that); plus, he did this while I was out of the house, and he hates taking pictures whether photographing a subject or being in them.  *sigh*


Serves 4

2 pounds chicken breast, boneless and skinless
1 tablespoon oilve oil
1 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoons black pepper
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
3 cloves garlic, minced
  1. Place chicken breasts in a container with a lid.
  2. Mix together remaining ingredients and spread onto one side of the chicken breasts.
  3. Allow to sit for 1 hour up to overnight.
  4. Set up a grill for medium-high heat.
  5. Grill chicken over medium-high heat until browned about 4 minutes.  Flip chicken and turn grill down to medium-low. 
  6. Cover grill and allow chicken to cook until done about 25-30 minutes.
  7. Transfer chicken to platter when done and rest for 10 minutes.
  8. Serve.
I've seen blackened chicken served several ways: on a sandwich, over a bed of rice (what we did), over a salad, with pasta and cream sauce...  The possibilities are endless! 

Have you ever eaten blackened chicken?


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly