Thursday, May 9, 2013

No Bake Cookies

Ever since embarking on my crockpot-fueled craze (and it really has been!), I haven't turned on my oven.  I did the other day, and I was overwhelmed by the temperature rise!  It's that wonderful time of year that we don't really use the AC or heat because we just leave the windows open when we are home.  After turning on the stove the other day, I had to turn on the AC because it was blazing!  

We visited my in-laws the other week, and they had no bake cookies for dessert.  I asked where they had been all my life espeically since my bake-hating mother didn't like to bake, these would have been a great alternative!  Oh well--I stole the recipe from my in-laws and made them at home!  WARNING--these are addicting! 

{No bake cookies}

{Melting the ingredients together slowly}

{Once everything is melted, it should look like this and be very hot!}

{Add oatmeal and let it 'cook' for 3 minutes}


No Bake Cookies

Makes 18 cookies

1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 jar creamy peanut butter
3 cups quick oats
  1. Put everything but the peanut butter and oats in a saucepan and slowly melt until it mixes together.
  2. Bring to a full boil and allow to boil for 1 minute.
  3. Turn off heat and add peanut butter until smooth.
  4. Add oats.
  5. On wax paper lined baking sheets, drop cookies by spoonful and flatten with the back of the spoon.
  6. Allow to set for at least one hour before moving or eating.
Although you use a stovetop, it's definitely better than using the oven!  Do you use your oven and stove much during the summer?  We definintely use our grill at least twice a week; plus we are utilizing the crockpot more, so our kitchen should stay nice and cool!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly