Monday, May 20, 2013

Cilantro Lime Chicken

This recipe was so easy and delicious that I really don't have much to say about it.  I pretty much followed the recipe, only doubling the onions and garlic because we love those flavors.  The hubby even loved it, and the recipe is so versatile: burrito, taco, over rice, over a Mexican-inspired salad, on its own with steamed veggies....  Although I didn't eat it with a tortilla, the hubby made a burrito and claimed that it was delicious.  This was so good that I looked forward to eating the leftovers, and I ALMOST moved them to the front of the line; however, others were waiting patiently first.  I claimed the leftovers as mine and devoured them.

{I ate my Cilantro Lime Chicken over Spanish Rice (coming soon!)}

{Mixing the ingredients together the night before}

{Place chicken in the crockpot}

{Pour the remaining ingredients over the chicken}

Cilantro Lime Chicken

Serves 4

2 pounds chicken thighs, skinless
1/2 cup lime juice
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 pound corn
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  1. Place chicken in the bottom of a crockpot.
  2. Put remaining ingredients over the chicken.
  3. Cook for 6-8 hours on low.
  4. Serve with rice, in tacos, in burritos, or over a salad.
What is your go-to for Mexican food? 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly