Monday, December 30, 2013

Cheeseburger Casserole

Sometimes, the weirdest sounding dishes become favorites.  I created this recipe a few weeks ago because my hubby requested cheeseburgers, and well, it was below freezing outside.  So I crafted this, and he loved it!  He requested again for the night he finished finals (he made all A's by the way!  So proud of him!!!).

{Cheeseburger Casserole}

{Just a few simple ingredients}

{Brown beef--you want a fattier beef because you'll be making a roux}

{Add evaporated milk to make the sauce}

{Yes--you add ketchup, mustard, and relish/pickles}

{Can't forget the cheese!}

{Top with French fries}

{Then top with more cheese!}

Cheeseburger Casserole

Serves 6

1 1/2 pounds ground beef (80/20 works best)
1/2 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoons steak seasoning
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 can evaporated milk
2 tablespoons yellow mustard
6 tablespoons ketchup
3 tablespoons relish (if you like pickles on your burger)
2 cups cheddar cheese, divided
32 oz bag of crinkle cut fries
  1. Preheat oven to 400.
  2. Brown beef, onions, and garlic in a skillet until cooked through.
  3. Add steak seasoning and flour to make a roux.
  4. Add milk and stir to combine.
  5. Heat sauce until thickened then add mustard, ketchup, relish and 1 1/2 cups cheese stirring until melted.
  6. Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with non-stick spray.
  7. Pour cheeseburger filling into casserole dish.
  8. Place frozen fries on top of cheeseburger filling.
  9. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until fries are cooked through and slightly crispy.
  10. Top with remaining cheese and allow to melt.
  11. Serve.
Since it's the end of the year, I've been doing some reflecting, thinking, and dreaming.  I have tried to stray away from making resolutions, focusing more on making goals I'd like to achieve by the end of the year.  I break it down month by month so that way I stay on track, and big goals don't seem so unachievable!  I also have the goals in front of me every day so that I don't forget them by March (I was guilty of it too!)!

Do you have any end-of-the-year rituals like goal-setting?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly