Thursday, August 28, 2014

National Bacon Day

National Bacon Day is Saturday, August 30!  Just giving you a heads up in case you need to run to the grocery store and get some bacon to celebrate properly (using one of my delicious recipes below of course!).

Bacon is so versatile!  Many of the recipes below use it to add another flavor and depth to the dish.  Or it's the star of the meal like the BLT or wrapping a whole chicken in bacon.

BLT with Basil Mayo

Brie, Bacon, and Basil Pasta

Coq au Vin (Rooster with Wine)

Grilled Potato Pack

Jalapeno Cheese Stuffed Chicken

Jamaican Rice and Beans

Roasted Chicken wrapped in Bacon
Roasted Chicken wrapped in Bacon

 Bacon and Ranch Potato Salad

Like I (or anyone else) really need an excuse for eating bacon, but the above are my favorite recipes with bacon!  How do you like to eat your bacon?  The Hubby says that I like it 'burned', but I actually like it crispy (floppy bacon--not my favorite!) not burned.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly