Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Meatloaf

I have made this recipe countless (okay--maybe three) times before I got it right!  I was determined because meatloaf in a crock-pot is a no-brainer to me.  I tried actual recipes because I didn't know what to expect, but in the end, I just made my regular meatloaf recipe and stuck it in the crock-pot.  Lesson learned:  trust your instincts.

{Crock-pot meatloaf}

{Getting ready to mix the ingredients}

{Using gloves during the mixing process saves you from having to scrub your hands!}

{Always test meatloaf before you make it!}

{In a crockpot}

{Cooked!}

{Add ketchup (if you like)}

{Served with roasted taters and broccoli}

One year ago:  Banana Bread Ice Cream

Meatloaf

Makes 4 servings

2 pounds lean ground beef (90/10 or 93/7--I used one of each)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
1 tablespoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup beef broth
1 cup ketchup (if not using, then double the salt)
  1. Mix all ingredients except the broth and ketchup together in a bowl until well combined.
  2. Cook a small patty to make sure the seasonings are correct.
  3. Form into a loaf.
  4. Place beef broth in the bottom of a crock-pot with the meatloaf on top.
  5. Cook meatloaf for 7-8 hours on low.
  6. Optional: about 1 hour before service, turn crock-pot to high; this will crisp up the outside.
  7. About 20 minutes before service, pour ketchup on top.
  8. Serve.
Do you like meatloaf?  I know it's one of those foods that people typically really love or really hate.  I personally love it.  And making a fried meatloaf sandwich the next day?  Even better!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly