Tuesday, October 15, 2013

About the Town: Oasis Mediterranean Restaurant

**I know that I said that I don't go out to eat often, but this year has been an exception.  I have eaten at so many fantastic places (and been back more than once!) that I felt I needed to share with my fellow Lexingtonians!  So any time I go out to eat, and the food/service is great, I'll review it on here.  I am not paid for this, and all opinions are my own!**

As I shared on my birthday, I love Mediterranean/Middle Eastern cuisine.  Oasis was recommended to me by a friend from culinary school years ago (approximately 7 years ago).  Let's just say that I go there often enough that one of the waiters knows my order perfectly.  What can I say?  Great food and service!

{Oasis}

{Tabbouli (left), hummus (middle), and pita (right)}

{Mint iced tea}

{Chicken shwarma with garlic sauce on fattoush salad--my absolute favorite!!!!}

I've had several different meals from this restaurant.  My suggestion?  Get the Oasis Platter (it's a sampler) which will literally feed 4 people.  They also have a buffet lunch, which I also suggest, especially if you are new to Mediterranean cuisine.  It's got all the essentials: hummus, tabbouli, baba ghannouj, plus rotating main dishes, vegetable sides and soup.

Please visit their website for hours, the address, and full menu.  

PS--They do take-out!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly