Friday, August 9, 2013

Food for Thought: Love Yourself

Why yes, yoga has very much had an effect on me.  I believe it's for the better.  I am happier and more at peace with myself and others than I used to be.  Between the poems and quotes that are said during class, and what I have read on my own, I am overwhelmed with quotes, poems, and sayings.  I was at a loss on how to collect them all in one place, when the hubby suggested I put them here.  "It's all about food" I said.  "With a sprinkling of real life" he said back.  So here is my sprinkling of real life.

{A beautiful, and enormous, butterfly I saw while walking with my mom.  The butterfly's body was the size of my pinkie finger!  It was lovely, and we sat and watched it for a while.}

I have several quotes today all regarding loving yourself.  I think that we forget to love ourselves in our quest to find love or give others love.
You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere.  You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.  ~Buddha
Today I choose to accept myself.  I choose to be aware of what it is like to simply be, without self-judgement.  I choose to live each moment, knowing, that I am is enough to sustain me forever.  I choose to sit quietly and open my heart to myself...  Today I choose love.  ~Deepak Chopra, 21 day meditation challenge (still going on if you want to sign up!)
My beloved child, break your heart no longer.  Each time you judge yourself, you break your own heart.  You stop feeding on the love which is the wellspring of your vitality.  The time has come, your time.  To live, to celebrate and to see the goodness that you are.  Let no one, no thing, no idea or ideal obstruct you.  If one comes, even in the name of 'truth', forgive it for its unknowing.  Do not fight.  Let go and breathe into the goodness that you are.  ~Bapuji
So today, do something nice for yourself; whether it's forgiving yourself for an outburst you had or treating yourself to your favorite meal or candy, do something just for you.  As for me, I'm going to go home, light some candles, and curl up with a good book on this rainy Friday; plus, I will go to bed early because my body is tired and needs rest.

What will you do for yourself?

Have a wonderful weekend!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly