Thursday, March 28, 2013

Mediterranean Turkey Burgers

I had EVERY intention of walking into the kitchen and making this fabulous turkey meatball recipe, but when I read over the recipe before I started--I just didn't feel it.  Don't know why, but I wanted something simple and quick.  I scanned my cupboards and saw falafel mix.  An idea hit--let's mix the ground turkey with falafel mix and make turkey burgers!  And so I did :o)  They were moist and delicious!  Ben even liked them!

{Mediterranean Turkey Burger with Curry Ketchup}

{Turkey burgers cooking in broth--so healthy!}

*Sorry for the lack of pictures--it was an after thought to take them since I didn't know how they would turn out.

Mediterranean Turkey Burgers with Curry Ketchup

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 pound ground turkey
1 cup falafel mix
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup ketchup
1-2 tablespoons curry
  1. Heat 1/4 cup chicken broth in a pan.
  2. Mix together turkey, falafel mix, egg, and garlic powder until well combined.
  3. Separate turkey mix into four equal sized balls and pat them out into patties.
  4. Add burgers to pan and cook until done about 8-10 minutes each side adding more chicken broth as necessary.
  5. Meanwhile mix ketchup and curry together; the curry taste can be as much as you want (I'm a 2 tablespoon woman while Ben is more of a 1 tablespoon).
  6. Serve turkey burgers with curry ketchup either plain (like pictured above) or on bread like a burger with spinach and feta.
Have you ever just invented something on the fly?  Did it work out?  What was it?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly