Friday, June 21, 2013

Jerk Chicken

Sometimes, you just want to getaway to some exotic locale and sit on the beach....  Unfortunately, your bank accounts tells you to quiet down!!!  *sigh*  when this happens, I get in a mood--I cook all kinds of exotic food and plan theme nights.  I had an 'island' moment--I wanted my favorite Jamacian Rice and Beans, and nothing goes better with an island theme than Jerk Chicken which is native to the Caribbean.  Naturally, I had a pina colada and enjoyed my delicious food!  Much cheaper although not the real thing....  Maybe someday!

{Jerk Chicken!  yes the skin gets that dark, but if you are like me, I don't eat it anyway}

{Chicken ready for the marinade}

{Bathing in jerk-goodness!}

{Can you believe I got a picture with it on the grill?!  I made very sure to tell the hubby that I wanted a picture of the chicken--not him with the chicken--he obliged!}

One year ago: Basil Steamed Corn

Jerk Chicken (adapted from 50 Shades of Chicken)

Makes 4 servings

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon chili flakes (use less if you like it less spicy)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 lime, juiced and zested
1 small bottle (about 2 oz) rum
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon brown sugar
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
8 chicken thighs with skin-on
  1. Mix all ingredients, except chicken, together until well combined.
  2. Pour marinade over chicken and marinate overnight.
  3. Grill chicken until done.
This dish goes well with Jamaician Rice and Beans!  How about you?  How do you quench the I-want-to-get-away bug?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly