Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Black Bean Confetti Salad

I'm a sucker for easy side salads, but in reality who isn't?  When I saw this recipe for a black bean and pepper salad from my favorite food blogger, I knew I just had to make it.  Not only was it incredibly easy and healthy, but it was extremely delicious too!  I brought it to our Father's Day BBQ, and the salad was a big hit!  In fact, my mother claimed the rest of the salad and has been begging me for the recipe.  I am a mean, ungrateful child so I made her wait a few days ;o)

{Black Bean Confetti Salad}

{Dressing}

{I love the colors of this salad from the peppers.  Learn how to cut peppers here}

{Mix black beans, cut peppers, and onions together}

{Add dressing and allow the salad to sit overnight}

Black Bean Confetti Salad

Makes 8 servings

2-15 oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
4 mixed-color bell peppers, diced
1 medium onion, diced
4 tablespoons lime juice
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon honey
1/4 teaspoon cayenne peppers (use less if you prefer less spicy foods)
1 tablespoon dried cilantro (or 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped)
  1. Mix together beans, peppers, and onions in a large bowl.  If using fresh cilantro, mix it in as well.
  2. Mix remaining ingredients together in a microwave-safe bowl.
  3. Microwave on high for about 30 seconds or until honey and salt are dissolved.
  4. Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine.
  5. Refrigerate overnight for best flavor.
Do you have any healthy and easy go-to salads for the summer?  I would love to hear them because the Farmer's Market is in full swing, and all of those beautiful fruits and veggies are dying for me to try them!

PS--Your welcome, Mami!!!  Love your spiteful child <3

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly