Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tuesday Tip: How to Roast Garlic

Have I mentioned lately that I love garlic?  Ah well--I LOVE GARLIC!!!  I love it anyway it comes (except in desserts--I did that once and NEVER again).  Roasting it?  So delicious--I confess, I might spread roasted garlic on a piece of bread and eat it....  I can't get enough.  So how do you roast garlic?  Good question!  That's the tip in our Tuesday Tip!

{Step 1: Grab your garlic}

{Step 2: Peel the outer pappers off (so the clove outlines start to show) and cut off the top to expose that garlicky goodness}

{Step 3: Take a piece of 1 square foot of foil and place garlic inside.  Drizzle garlic with about 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil (enough to coat the garlic), salt and pepper}

{Step 4: Wrap garlic up tight in the foil}

{Step 5: Place garlic in a oven (or toaster oven) set to 400 degrees and roast for 30-40 minutes or until the garlic is soft when squeezed}

{Step 6: When garlic has cooled, squeeze it out of the papers into another container.}

Step 7: Use however you need or enjoy some garlicky bread!

Pretty simple right?  I've heard that roasting garlic eliminates that "garlic breath" associated with using fresh garlic.  Not sure about that.  However, out of respect, I try to avoid it at the office because I share an office with someone. 

How will you enjoy your roasted garlic?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly